At Skin Savvy Aesthetics in Scottsdale AZ we offer Allergan’s full line of Juvederm Dermal Fillers. Our first-time filler patients often ask how to prepare for their treatment. This post will address the main things to consider before making your first appointment.
Bruising is the number one side effect of any aesthetic treatment, with dermal fillers causing the most risk of bruising due to the extensive network of vessels that run throughout the face. Additionally, when using dermal fillers, we are often making multiple injections to artfully create the patient’s desired outcome, which can also increase the risk of bruising.
There is no way to completely avoid the risk of bruising. However, by following some of the tips below you can help minimize it as much as possible.
- Don’t take Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Fish oil, Vitamin E or any other blood thinning medications 7 prior to your treatment (if you take blood thinners for a health condition, do not stop without your prescribing physician’s approval)
- Don’t overindulge in Alcoholic beverages 2-3 days prior to your appointment or the same day
- Don’t exercise within 2-3 hours or your appointment, as this will increase blood flow to your face, especially heated yoga or activities where you get overly heated (ex. Hot tub, sauna, steam room, hot wax, tanning, etc)
- Don’t exercise following your appointment until the next day
- Do take Arnica pellets starting 3-5 days prior to your appointment or apply Arnica cream topically after your treatment
- Do Ice the treatment area for at least 30 minutes following the procedure and on and off throughout the day
- Do hydrate following treatment. Drinking approximately half your body weight in ounces is recommended daily
- Do call our office if you have any questions following your treatment
If you have any other questions regarding filler treatments or other aesthetic treatments please call us at Skin Savvy Aesthetics (480) 409-2902 to schedule a free consultation at our practice in Scottdale AZ.